Saturday, August 30, 2008

Week 3

On Monday this week the aforementioned new wall got up. Well, closed at least.  So I hereby present our new library!
DSCN7663 (Medium)

The Wife's buddhist altar will be in the niche in the center, and on each side there will be bookshelves, embedded in the walls. Surely it will be a very nice and cosy part of the living room when it's done, and I look forward to spending many hours of reading there - once I figure out how to make time for it...
By the way, we've already bought the armchair for the library, and The Princess is working hard testing it!

The floor is still an issue. Monday evening we found an interesting pile of I-don't-even-want-to-know-what, scraped up from some part of the floor. Apparently it's the result of many hours of hard work, and I'm really very happy I'm not doing any of this myself!

The Thursday morning inspection showed considerable progress, and our library has now real walls...

By the end of the week, most of the floor had gotten a complete make over.  A thin form of cement is covering almost every part of the floor. Notice the lower level of the entrance. Part of the remaining bags of cement (also shown in the picture) will be used here, but the level will be kept different so that the height of the tiles we will have here will match that of the rest of the floor. (More about this later!)

No comments: